just roll out the red carpet…ladies and gents i give you…………………..roasted red pepper pasta!
and no, i havent made this twice in the last week either. so dont even think i did 😉
i guess i should start off by saying happy tuesday, im glad youre here blah blah blah. well, its been a long ass time since i have posted about a recipe and i have to say, i got a little help from the internet on this one. BUT that doesnt mean i cant post about it or tell you how to make it!
so let get into the pasta, okay? OKAY!
there is what youll need:
- a 12oz box of pasta, i use banza
- 1 tbsp. of mince garlic, i use my gallon sized jar from costco. otherwise you can use 2 cloves
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 1 cup of half and half
- 4oz of cream cheese, make sure its somewhat of a room temp. because cold cream cheese is the devil. also cube it, makes it so much easier to mix
- 1/2ish cups of parmesan cheese, mozzarella could be used too.
- 12oz jar of roasted red pepper in water, i made sure to rinse mine before using.
- optional: parmesan cheese and basil or parsley for garnish
- boil your noodles according to the packaging. i also over cook my banza noodle because they dont take very long and i normally doing other things and forget abut them BUT COOK YOUR NOODLES.
- while youre over cooking your noodles, slice your shallots and garlic. now you dont need to make things small because everything will be put into a blender at the end.
- once sliced, start to melt your butter over medium heat. add the shallots until translucent, only a few minutes here.
- then add your garlic for about a minute. you do not want to over cook garlic because itll get bitter and nasty.
- add your half and half, cubed cream cheese and your parm or motz cheese, whatever youd like. i did parm. keep stiring until cheese is melted and everything is well mixed. add your red peppers to warm them up a bit, ive give them around 3 minutes.
- carefully pour your sauce into a food processor or blender, i used this blender. and puree until fully mixed.
- fill your bowl with pasta & top with your sauce. add whatever youd like on top. i did cheese because, duh #wisconsin.
okay, i did make this twice in less than a week because it was that good! i hope you make it and love it just as much as i did/do!
let me know if you make it!
i got a little help from this recipe.